The highly coveted ONDEH ONDEH cake!


Here is one of the most sought after cakes amongst Malaysians and Singaporeans in recent years. 

In my earlier posts, I attempted at making the Ondeh Ondeh Cupcake and it turned out pretty good.  Then I saw an Ondeh Ondeh cake my friend made, it looked so moist and needless to say, I asked for the recipe!! :D

As expected from the photos, this cake is so better than the cupcake version.  It is more moist compared to the cupcake and I do love the palm sugar cream filling that really completes the panda sponge.

Ingredients for cake : 3 tbsp corn oil (玉米油) 4 tbsp pandan juice (班兰汁) 1 tbsp (15 g) caster sugar (细砂糖) 60g (1/2 cup) plain flour(普通面粉) 2 tbsp corn starch(玉米粉) 3 egg yolks (蛋黄) 3 egg whites (蛋白) 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar (细砂糖) Filling (馅料): 65g palm sugar / gula Melaka(椰糖) 1/4 tsp salt (盐) 3 tbsp water(水) 2 pandan leaves (班兰叶) 1/2 grated coconut (半粒白椰丝) Gula Melaka syrup (椰糖糖浆): 65g palm sugar / gula Melaka(椰糖) 3 tbsp water(水) 1 pandan leaf, knotted (1片班兰叶,打结) 2 tbsp coconut milk (椰浆) 2 tsp corn starch (玉米粉) 1 tbsp water 250ml dairy whipping cream (动物性鲜奶油) 3tbs Gula Melaka syrup
1/2 grated coconut (半粒白椰丝) 1/4 tsp salt (盐) 1 pandan leaf(班兰叶)


Tip no.1 - use a wisk as shown in stead of spatula...I used a spatula the second time making this cake and it didn't turn out as well.  I think this method took out too much of the air.

Tip no.2 - another error I made...Don't use non-stick tins as the cake can't climb hence the sponge becomes dense and collapse.

Enjoy!! :D



Comments

Popular Posts