dumpling cravings...


I've been staying in quite a bit lately due to the rain and this kind of weather makes me want my comfort food dumplings!!!!! If there's one food I never tire of eating, it's this!!

Here is my own recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D

Serves 4
Ingredients:

Meat mixture -
400g pork mince
1 onions
4 clove of garlic
1 small bunch of chives
1 small can of whole water chestnuts ( chopped and diced)
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp ginger (chopped and diced) * I only use ginger if I'm pan frying, no ginger if boiling the dumplings.

1 pkt of dumpling/gyoza wraps ( approximately 50 pieces ) ~ if you like to make your own dumpling dough, click here for the recipe.

Directions:

1. Throw all mince mixture ingredients in a big bowl and combined
2.Wrap the mince mixture in dumpling or gyoza wraps
3. Boil kettle of water
4. Use a frying pan with lid and heat up frying pan for frying
5. Pour a tbsp of vegetable oil in frying pan and lay the dumplings in the pan
6. Pour boiled water in the pan of frying dumplings until dumplings are 2/3 covered, cover with lid. *be extra careful when pouring hot water into the frying pan as you can easily burn your hands from the rising heat!!
7. Cook for 3-5 minutes, checking occasionally until the water have completely evaporated.
8. Once water have completely evaporated, leave for 1-2 minutes frying in the pan, or until the base of the dumpling is brown and golden.
9. Remove from frying pan and serve with soya sauce and wasabi or chilly sauce - whichever you prefer.

Comments

Popular Posts